Join us for three Saturdays of Writing Project professional development this school year focused on the key shifts in the Common Core English Language Arts standards. Led by NCWP Teacher-Consultants who will share their effective classroom practices, the sessions will focus on Collaborative Conversations, Supporting Literacy through Technology, and Supporting All Students in Accessing Difficult Text.
Each day will be structured with morning presentations followed by afternoon collaborative discussions. The afternoon sessions can be envisioned as what artists call “studio time” — an opportunity to think about and discuss ideas from the morning presentations with your colleagues, and time to draft plans for incorporating those ideas into your own classroom’s context and needs.
- Session 1: Collaborative Conversations
- Date: October 11, 2014
- Time: 9:00 – 2:30
- 9:00-11:30: Presentations by Wendy Fairon and Kim Hickok
- 11:30-12:30: Lunch (on your own)
- 12:30-2:30: Collaborative Discussions on Literacy and STEM
- Location: Chico Country Day School, 102 W. 11th Street, Chico CA
- Cost: $35 / $20 for NCWP Teacher-Consultants